Thursday, February 18, 2010

George Hincapie rides with the REAL DEAL!!


Yes.....that's George Hincapie with us at the base of Ceasers head!! I'm down here in S.C at the Jet Fuel Coffee camp and we just so happened to bump into big George while he was out for a training ride. He was nice enough to chat for a bit and even told us about a few of his favorite routes, then we got to ride with him up the Ceasers head climb. He showed us a cool little pitch to begin the climb and the first km of it was a 20% grade that had the entire group dropped in the first 30 seconds. Only Chris Freeland and myself stayed with him as we muscled up the climb in our smallest gears. I twisted my bike back and forth redlining it just to stay with him for as long as I could. We made a turn and then began the "real" climb. If you want to hear more just email me and I will tell you all about it! It was an experience I will never forget!!!!

Here is a recent interveiw with George

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/02/news/george-hincapie-i-try-not-to-be-superstitious_105547

No comments:

Post a Comment