Friday, October 2, 2009

Growth

Here is a quote I read on the plane back home from my California trip. I got deep into this great book and had to fold the page to remember this beauty "If we value personal growth, we should tolerate the discomfort that comes with it" Now I know your thinking.....nice! BUT.... why is Ed trying to be Tony Robbins. Well....I'm not (really, no honest) I just know how I feel sometimes when I'm putting in a lot of hours and sacrificing a lot of things AND wondering if all the pain and discomfort is worth while. I love the fitness and results I get and I value what I have been able to achieve, I just have a tough time when the boys are going for wings and beer and I'm drinking water and stealing the veggies off the basket ( That's discomfort!!)



So my tip of the week is.........read a bit! And who is up for wings and beer tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment